Mar 2, 2020
Covid-19 / coronavirus
As the Coronavirus situation continues to evolve we want to assure you all that we are closely monitoring developments, including developments here at home, Italy and other recently impacted countries, and continue to take advice/guidance which includes WHO guidance, local government agencies, medical advisors etc.
The Safety and Welfare of our employees are paramount and is something which we in Clarity locums take very seriously. This is, therefore, the first of what will become regular updates based on an evolving threat.
Although we have a confirmed case in Ireland and a number of cases across the UK, we are still officially in the containment phase of this outbreak, we all need to play our part in ensuring that we follow prescribed directions to contain the spread of the virus.
We have set up a steering group that will meet weekly from now on and which includes representatives from all areas of the business. This group will endeavor to ensure that we are as prepared as reasonably possible to address any predictable risk.
Please note the following general precautions (from our medical advisor) to assist in preventing the spread of infection;
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub if your hands are not visibly dirty, do not shake hands.
• Practice good respiratory hygiene i.e. when coughing and sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – discard tissue immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
• Maintain social distancing i.e. leave at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and other people, particularly those who are coughing, sneezing and have a fever.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth – if you touch your eyes, nose or mouth with your contaminated hands, you can transfer the virus from the surface to yourself.
Please ensure you have access to the following throughout the day:
· Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
· Tissues and a bin within close access
· Disinfectant wipes for surfaces