Terms & Conditions
The following are the terms and conditions of Clarity Locums as applied to Clients of Clarity Locums.
1. Locum contracts are provided directly to the Locum from Clarity Locums at the commencement of the first assignment.
2. By accessing and using any service provided by Clarity Locums you are bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change and as such Clarity Locums has the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time, any alterations will be effective once published. Users are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site and/or services after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
3. Clarity Locums provides a recruitment service that is free of charge to all Locums, technicians or any other potential employee, henceforth referred to as Candidates, who are offered positions by Clarity Locums on behalf of a Client of Clarity Locums to whom a fee is charge for that placement.
4. Where a Candidate expresses an interest in a particular position, Clarity Locums will forward their details to the Client for consideration, this will include information regarding the identity and qualifications of the Candidate. Should the Client wish to engage the Candidate, the Candidate is notified by Clarity Locums.
5. Clarity Locums will provide the Candidate with information relating to the assignment such as start times, address of the place of employment and any other information or instructions deemed pertinent to the employment of the Candidate by the Client. This information constitutes the Client’s instructions to Clarity Locums and is provided to the Candidate on behalf of the Client on an information only basis, no assessment of the information is made by Clarity Locums as regards its verity or legality and no responsibility is accepted as regards actions taken or not taken as a result of receiving this information.
6. Unlike the UK where locums must hold their own professional indemnity policy in Ireland, locum pharmacists are typically covered under the pharmacy's professional indemnity policy. It is not, however, good practice to rely on any entity that you have zero control or oversight over to maintain a policy to protect your personal finances and ability to practice in the event of a claim.
If the policy held by an entity that you were covered by on the day of the locum lapses then you are totally exposed if a claim is brought against you on foot of an error that comes to light in the weeks, months or even years after the error took place. This is because indemnity policies are maintained on a claims-made basis, so irrespective of the cover in place on the day when the error actually occurred you are only covered by the policy if it is in place on the day the claim is brought against you.
For these reasons and for your peace of mind, Clarity Locums recommends that all pharmacists maintain an indemnity policy in their own name when practicing and for a number of years afterward.
If you have any queries on the availability of professional indemnity insurance please email [email protected]
7. The Candidate for the duration of the assignment is considered to be under the direction and supervision of the Client for the duration of the engagement for the purposes of pharmaceutical dispensing and health, safety and welfare.
8. Fees applicable to an assignment are informed to the Client at the point of engagement of the services of Clarity Locums.
9. If a Candidate's employment ceases prior to its intended expiry, the Client may request that the position is filled again (no charge) or the Client may request a refund of agency fee as follows:
a. Candidate worked up to one month - 75%,
b. Up to two months - 50%,
c. Up to three months - 25%.
d. No refund is payable after three months of employment.
10. Recruitment fee is payable within five working days of the Candidate commencing employment.
11. Original invoice must be paid in full before finding a replacement.
12. To avail of the recruitment fee refund or replacement, the Client must inform Clarity Locums in writing within 5 calendar days of the Candidate's leaving date. Without written notice within the time period, 5 working days, no refund can be issued.
13. Late payments will attract an interest rate of 5% per day accruing in compound interest 14 days after the due date of the invoice.
14. If a Client persistently pays late, they will be put on a payment plan that involves payment prior to the Locum commencing work. If payment is not received by the agreed date any Locum work booked will be cancelled.
15. If a Client engages a Locum who was initially introduced to the Client by Clarity Locums (introduction, Locum placement or any other placement type); the applicable fees are due to Clarity Locums from the date of introduction up to six months after the date of introduction.
16. Clarity Locums aims to supply the best quality Candidates to the Client, all potential Candidates are screened in order to ensure that they have attained the requisite training, experience, qualifications and any permission required by professional body or law a professional body to engage with the Client. It remains the Clients responsibility to assess the suitability of potential Clients presented to them and make a decision as to whether or not they accept the Candidate. As such Clarity Locums does not accept any responsibility for any consequences, deleterious or otherwise, resulting from the Clients decision to engage the Candidate on assignment.
17. The Client, as the controller of the Candidate, bears the same responsibility for all acts, errors or omissions of the Candidate, whether negligent or otherwise.
18. Locums are paid monthly on the 15th day of each month. If the 15th (payday) falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Bank Holiday then payment will be made on the next working day.
19. The hourly rate is set by the Client with due regard to the provisions of the Protection of Employment (Temporary Agency Work) Act 2012 and the Organisation of Working Time Act 1997 provisions.
20. Clarity Locums does not warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected.
21. Clarity Locums Limited will not accept liability of any kind for loss, expense or damage as a result of the any individual engaged in employment as a result of contact with Clarity Locums.
22. Transfer of information: Clarity Locums provides personal data to the Client where the data subject is the Candidate. This is a necessity of the contract and this constitutes the lawful basis of processing. Both Clarity Locums and the Client are data controllers in respect of data received or transmitted and the Client shall keep Clarity Locum’s indemnified against any data breaches which occur.
23. Clarity Locums reserves the right to refuse bookings offered by Clients.
24. Clarity Locums basic pay is in accordance with Protection of Employees (Temporary Agency Work) Act 2012.
25. These terms and conditions are subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts and as such any disputes arising out of or in connection therewith shall be determined in accordance with Irish law. Should any conflict of interpretation of these terms and conditions occur with any other company terms, the within terms will be deemed to be the terms of business of Clarity Locums.
Clarity Locums is a registered business name of FTP Recruitment , Registered Office: 10 Merrion Square North, Dublin 2, D02 DW94, Ireland. Company registration number: 503719 VAT registration number VAT #: 9805511Q. Registered in Dublin