The following are the terms and conditions of Clarity Locums as applied to Candidates of Clarity Locums.
By accessing and using any service provided by Clarity Locums you are bound by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change and as such Clarity Locums has the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time, any alterations will be effective once published. Users are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site and/or services after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
1. Clarity Locums provides a recruitment service that is free of charge to all Locums, technicians or any other potential employee, henceforth referred to as Candidates, who are offered positions by Clarity Locums on behalf of a Client of Clarity Locums to whom a fee is charged for that placement.
2. Clarity Locums is an agent for the Candidate it locates employment for and at no time is it their employer. When seeking employment for the Candidate, Clarity Locums receives limited information regarding potential employment with a Client which it then supplies to potential Candidates. As the Candidate never enters into any contract of employment with Clarity Locums there is never any obligation for a Candidate to accept any position offered on behalf of a Client by Clarity Locums.
3. Where a Candidate expresses an interest in a particular position, Clarity Locums will forward their details to the Client for consideration, this will include information regarding the identity and qualifications of the Candidate. Should the Client wish to engage the Candidate, the Candidate is notified by Clarity Locums.
4. Clarity Locums will provide the Candidate with information relating to the assignment such as start times, address of the place of employment and any other information or instructions deemed pertinent to the employment of the Candidate by the Client. This information constitutes the Client’s instructions to Clarity Locums and is provided to the Candidate on behalf of the Client on an information only basis, no assessment of the information is made by Clarity Locums as regards its verity or legality and no responsibility is accepted as regards actions taken or not taken as a result of receiving this information.
5. The nature or existence of the contract between Candidates introduced to Clients is the responsibility of the Candidate and the Client. The legal relationship between the Candidate and the Client may be as an Employee/Employer or Independent Contractor/Principal. Agreement of terms of employment is between the employer and the Candidate and as such Clarity Locums accepts no responsibility for any disputes arising from this contract or lack thereof as they are neither an employee nor an employer at any stage in the recruitment or employment process.
6. Candidates must maintain appropriate indemnity arrangements that include (but are not limited to):
A. Professional indemnity insurance cover of at least $2,000,000,
B. Public liability insurance cover of at least $5,000,000,
C. Statutory liability insurance cover of at least $1,000,000.
7. Should a Candidate not want to work at a particular location, or group of locations, the Candidate must notify Clarity Locums in writing. This can be done by email.
8. Should a Candidate scheduled to engage in employment with a Client be unable to continue or commence with said employment, they should inform Clarity Locums immediately.
9. All cancellations must be communicated directly to Justin via telephone on 027 220 0494.
10. Four weeks' notice must be provided by a Candidate when cancelling a booking.
11. A period of less than four weeks’ notice may be accepted where there are pressing and
appropriate reasons to accept such. Verifying documentation, such as a medical certificate
from a doctor, may be required to support this category of cancellation.
12. If a Candidate cancels a booking within three working days (Monday to Friday) of the intended
shift, Clarity Locums may be required to advertise a higher rate to secure an alternative Candidate. If this occurs, Clarity Locums reserves the right to charge the Candidate who cancelled to pay the difference in the rates of pay for the duration of the cancelled booking.
13. If a Candidate fails to complete a shift the Client has the right to refuse to pay for any portion (or all) of the shift not completed. This decision is at the discretion of the Client.
14. Clarity Locums reserves the right to refuse access to services to Candidates as it sees fit.
15. These terms and conditions are subject to the jurisdiction of New Zealand and as such any
disputes arising out of or in connection therewith shall be determined in accordance with New Zealand law. Should any conflict of interpretation of these terms and conditions occur with any other company terms, the within terms will be deemed to be the terms of business of Clarity Locums.
Clarity Locums is a registered business name of Clarity Locums Limited, Registered Office: Suite 10578, 17B Farnham Street, Parnell, Auckland, 1052, New Zealand. NZBN: 9429048884143