Relocating to Ireland from the UK as a Locum Pharmacist
Are you someone who loves to take on new experiences? Maybe you're in need of a change of scenery? The answer might be right across the pond!
Clarity Locums are currently looking for UK pharmacists who are interested in relocating to Ireland for locuming opportunities. With a range of benefits on offer, we’re here to support anyone who thinks moving to the Emerald Isle is the right choice for them!
Benefits of Working in Ireland for Locum Pharmacists
- Excellent Rates: In comparison to the UK’s average locum salary of £33.30 per hour (source: Chemist + Druggist), Ireland offers locum pharmacists a much higher rate of pay. Currently at Clarity, we are seeing shifts starting as high as €50-60 per hour - with increases during busier periods!
- Weekly Pay: Pharmacists who are signed up to our Clarity Select programme (similar to Clarity Plus) are eligible to receive weekly pay, as well as a range of other discounts and deals from Irish companies and international brands. (T&Cs apply).
- PSI Fees Paid: Before you can work as a pharmacist in Ireland, you'll need to register with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland (PSI). Our team can guide you through this process and those on the Clarity Select scheme can even have their registration fees paid by Clarity! (T&Cs apply).
- Work is Always Available: With nearly 2000 registered pharmacies, there are plenty of opportunities for pharmacists in Ireland. At Clarity, we have hundreds of shifts go up weekly waiting to be filled - whether it’s a once off shift or a block booking.
- Flexibility of Location: One of the great things about locuming is the ability to work from anywhere, and here at Clarity we have shifts available in every corner of Ireland. With amazing sights on offer from the stunning Cliffs of Moher over in the West; the beautiful beaches of Donegal up North; to the vibrant city life of Dublin; choosing your own days or hours gives you the opportunity to discover all that Ireland has to offer!
- 24/7 Support: Have a question about locuming, shifts, or getting started with the moving process? Our team is always on hand to assist you with any information you need, whether you need help sourcing accommodation, or using our app. Clarity can point you in the right direction and make your relocation as seamless as possible!
- Permanent Roles: If you’re interested in moving over but crave more of a routine in your life, we also offer permanent, full and part time roles around the country. Accompanied by attractive benefits packages, you may find what you’re looking for over on our recruitment site.
If you're interested in finding out more about locuming as a pharmacist in Ireland, have a read of our Guide to Becoming a Locum Pharmacist in Ireland.
Have we convinced you yet?
If you’d like more information about making the move to Ireland from the UK, please don’t hesitate to contact us! Get in touch at the button below.
Posted on 12 May 2023